- Congratulations and Thank You, Gabrielle “Gabby” Douglas!
- Donna Summer dies at 63
- Racist ‘black woman’ cake in Sweden: African clitoris mutilation
- Whitney Houston at Peace, age 48
- Black Women omitted from movie “Red Tails”
- Author L.A. Banks passed away at age 51
- Civil Rights Activist Clara Luper Dies
- Dark Girls: Up coming film documentary
- Naomi Campbell: Hurt and Insulted over Cadbury ad
- Motherhood Is Not for the Faint of Heart
- Black women and breast-feeding: Merlene Davis:
- Body of N.C. honor student missing since Dec. now found.
- Black Women News, Information Contributions
- Justice for Recy Taylor
Author Archives: TributeToBlackWomen
Donna Summer Rest In Peace, you will always be The Queen of Disco.
Jesus take the wheel. Cake baked in the shape of a mocking caricature supposedly made to represent an African “black” woman. Seems more like it was made so that ignorant [white] people, including white women can have giggle fun cutting … Continue reading
August 9, 1963 – February 11, 2012 Grammy Award Singer, Model, Actress Rest in Peace Whitney. On this website, you will always be remembered for the beautiful and talented black female icon that you were, and will always be. … Continue reading
Have you seen the movie as yet? I wanted to share some thoughts: The new George Lucas movie “Red Tails”, is a box office film that is inspired by the Tuskegee Airmen during WWII. Now, while the movie is about … Continue reading
L.A. Banks On August 02, 2011, Aurthur L.A. Banks (Leslie Esdaile Banks) passed away at age 51 after her battle with Adrenal Cancer. L.A. Banks is the renowned author of the Vampire Huntress series. She has been an inspiration … Continue reading
Clara Luper Oklahoma civil rights activist and educator Clara Luper — was best known for organizing a 1958 sit-in at a segregated Katz Drug Store in downtown Oklahoma City — died Wednesday night at her home in Oklahoma City. … Continue reading
Dark Girls: Preview from Bradinn French on Vimeo. Clips from the upcoming documentary exploring the deep-seated biases and attitudes about skin color—particularly dark skinned women, outside of and within the Black American culture. This film will be released in Fall/Winter … Continue reading
A Note from editor, La of Tributetoblackwomen.com: Some may not agree with Naomi Campbell’s stance in the below article, but this is my opinion about the situation. In all, Campbell claims to be hurt and insulted by the … Continue reading