- Congratulations and Thank You, Gabrielle “Gabby” Douglas!
- Donna Summer dies at 63
- Racist ‘black woman’ cake in Sweden: African clitoris mutilation
- Whitney Houston at Peace, age 48
- Black Women omitted from movie “Red Tails”
- Author L.A. Banks passed away at age 51
- Civil Rights Activist Clara Luper Dies
- Dark Girls: Up coming film documentary
- Naomi Campbell: Hurt and Insulted over Cadbury ad
- Motherhood Is Not for the Faint of Heart
- Black women and breast-feeding: Merlene Davis:
- Body of N.C. honor student missing since Dec. now found.
- Black Women News, Information Contributions
- Justice for Recy Taylor
Monthly Archives: May 2011
(In a Mother’s Day tribute, one grateful daughter describes the lengths to which her lesbian mom went to love and nurture her despite rejection, heartbreak and poverty.) By: Tina Fakhrid-Deen | Posted: May 8, 2011 at 12:30 AM for The … Continue reading